By Karena Sanchez, Seattle Reception, and Tori Dunlap, Social Media Marketing Manager
There’s certain things that SIS employees may take for granted — most of these fall under the receptionist job description.
A fully stocked kitchen and desk, a clean conference room that is scheduled exactly when you need it, a new set of magazines in the lobby…not to mention fielding calls from grumpy people all day. With a chipper “Happy Monday!” and a smile, reception must be professional and “on” at all times. Reception is here to make your day better and make SIS shine.
We’re excited to bring you the first in a series of “8 Things We Wish You Knew,” starting with reception.
- Have a question? We can help with that! We’re a help desk of sorts and can answer questions about supplies, the temperature in the office, IT, etc. If we don’t have the answer, we’ll find the person that does!
- Yup, personal packages are fine! When you order that unicorn onezie off of Amazon, feel free to have it shipped to the office. Just let us know to expect it, and we’ll get it to you!
- Om-noms A bag of speciality chips? A beverage? Always let us know if there’s a snack you love that we don’t have — we’d be happy to put in a request for it.
- Speaking of food…Take the candy bar or chips in the front of the container. We promise they’re just as fresh as the ones you find after digging through the cabinet.
- Look and Book. Reserve your conference rooms in advance. We want you to make sure you have the room you need so we can keep everything scheduled and organized. Just shoot us an email.
- Clean up. Grab that half-eaten granola bar off the kitchen table and throw it out. Recycle your water bottles. Toss your dirty napkins. Leave the kitchen and the conference rooms like you found them.
- Office Opulence. We know you love those pens that make you feel like you’re writing the great American novel. Before you run out of them, or any other supplies, let us know so we can reorder. And if you take the last envelope or tube of White-Out, just holler.
- Call me, beep me. We want to get you to the right person, be it phone call or visitor of the office. Outgoing callers should leave clear messages detailing who they are and why they are calling. And if you don’t know an extension, dial us and we can help connect you.
Make sure to look for our next edition with a different SIS department.
About Security Industry Specialists
Founded in 1999, Security Industry Specialists, Inc. provides unique security solutions to Fortune 500 luxury brands and tech companies, special events, and high-profile executives. With corporate offices in Culver City, Seattle, San Jose, New York City, Miami and Brazil, our partnerships demonstrate that our boutique approach is a welcome change in an industry not typically recognized for creative solutions. Those who have experienced SIS — whether as an employee or client — will attest to the fact that there is something different about the way our employees conduct themselves and feel about their responsibilities. Ultimately, it is this commitment and drive that makes SIS the industry leader in security.